Sending Scans through your 3Shape TRIOS Scanner:
- Request connection via the 3Shape Communicate Portal
- If you've never sent a scan to Specialty Appliances through your TRIOS scanner, you will first have to establish a connection with Specialty Appliances by logging in to your 3Shape Communicate Portal here.
- Locate the "Connections" tab at the top of the screen and select "Add Connection."
- A window will appear called "Connect to a Practice or Lab." Select the "Show Me Labs" option and type in "Specialty Appliances."
- Click on the correct option which will include Specialty Appliance's email address (Digital@SpecialtyAppliances.com), physical address (4905 Hammond Industrial Drive) and phone number (678-513-4408).
- Click "Connect" and an email will be sent to Specialty Appliances requesting to connect with your practice. Specialty Appliances will accept this request and you will then be connected.
- Establish Connection via 3Shape Control Panel
- Open your "Ortho Control Panel Client."
- Click the "Sites" link under the "Administrative Settings" heading.
- Make sure that you are not highlighting another lab (look on the list of "Sites" on the left side of the screen) and click the green plus sign on the left side of the screen. A window will appear asking you to "Please select a valid unique ID" (a name for the lab that you are about to add). Feel free to type "Specialty Appliances Lab" and click "Okay."
- Several fields will appear requesting information, such as an address, phone number, and email address; you do not have to complete these fields.
- Next, expand the "3Shape Communicate Integration" section and click "Enabled."
- Click "Set User Email" and provide the following email address: Digital@SpecialtyAppliances.com. Then click "Okay." If you typed the email address correctly, you will get a validation window, click "Okay."
- *IMPORTANT*: Click "Save" at the top of the screen to save you changes. You are free to exit the Ortho Control Panel at this time.
- Send scans through Communicate
- Select Specialty Appliances as your lab after completing the scan.