Because Specialty Appliances manufactures custom appliances, we are unable to facilitate cancellation requests after production begins. We may, at our own discretion, honor such requests if they are made within the first 24 hours of submitting a case or before production commences. We reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee up to the cost of the appliance as appropriate.
Warranty & Refinement Policy
Specialty Appliances™ warranty policy reflects our desire to ensure you have peace of mind when working with us that you can see with our Quality First mindset and commitment to delivering the best clinical solutions possible. To provide the most effective safety measures for both our employees and our customers, Specialty Appliances™ will not make repairs on any broken appliance or part. We request all appliances and/or parts requiring remake or replacement be returned for evaluation.
We work hard to earn and keep your trust. We follow all FDA Good Manufacturing Processes as well as are ISO 13485 Certified. We only purchase the best products to fabricate our appliances. In addition, we have 5 Certified Dental Technicians with an average of 28 years of experience.
- Specialty Appliances™ will remake any defective Herbst at no charge if returned within 9 months of the invoice date.
- Specialty Appliances™ will remake any defective appliance/retainer at no charge if returned within 6 months of the invoice date.
- Specialty Appliances™ will remake any appliance returned due to a fit issue at no charge if returned before 30 days from invoice date. Due to this time frame, appliance/retainer must be delivered or attempted to seat in office before 30 days.
- If returned between 31-60 days from invoice date, a 50% remake charge/credit will apply.
- Appliances returned after 60 days from invoice date will be full charge.
- Any Herbst return submitted 9 months after invoice date is subject to full replacement charges.
- Any appliances/retainer return submitted 6 months after invoice date is subject to full replacement charges.
- This policy does not cover damage to an appliance caused by a non-compliant patient.
- Claims for defects identified by visual inspection are to be made to the lab within 10 days of receipt.
- If the scan on file is no longer an accurate representation of the patient's current dentition, SA is not responsible for replacements or remakes.
We appreciate your trust and support of Specialty Appliances™ Orthodontic laboratory. We look forward to continuing to earn that trust with every appliance we produce.
Clear Image Aligners Refinement Policy
Aligners are different than traditional Orthodontic appliances. They are covered by the refinement policy and not the warranty policy.
Cost of aligners for refinement are lower than standard aligner prices, including at no cost, depending on various factors that include time since original aligners were made, set up, IPR, patient compliance and the explanation on the Rx of new or persisting goals of the case.
The cost for refinements may be reduced if the case meets any of the following requirements:
Time: Refinements must be requested within an eligible time frame for a reduced cost. If submitted outside the eligible time frame, the case will be made at your standard aligner cost.
- Refinement eligibility time frame is treatment time + 6 weeks. Treatment time is number of aligners * 2 weeks.
- Cases with less than 5 aligners are not eligible for refinement rate pricing.
Our Set Up: We evaluate our original set up to ensure goals of the case were met. If there is any discrepancy, the refinements will be made at a reduced rate.
IPR: If IPR was recommended on the original case and it was not performed or if IPR was not recommended, but IPR was performed, Specialty Appliances™ is not responsible for cost of remaking aligners to complete the case. If IPR was recommended incorrectly, the refinements will be made at a reduced rate.
Patient Compliance: Aligners are removable appliances. As such, patient wear is key to their success. Specialty Appliances™ is not responsible for the cost of remaking aligners for a non-compliant patient.
Explanation: Please provide details on the refinement request Rx form.
- Specify new or persisting goals of the case so we can fine tune the set up to accomplish the desired result.
- Include if IPR was performed and if the patient wore the aligners as directed.
- Be as detailed as possible. Your notes are used to determine refinement price.
In addition, if a case is submitted for any of the following reasons, it is not considered a refinement case:
- Aligner is lost.
- Aligner is broken.
- A new goal for the case is requested.
Clear Image Aligners Terms and Conditions
If the doctor/patient does not proceed with treatment, a Treatment Planning Fee will be incurred
Hybrid Complete™ Terms and Conditions
There will be no refund issued in the event that a customer begins Hybrid 3DiB but decides they do not want to use aligners.
Hybrid Complete pricing covers bracket removal between phases.
Scans with wires and/or bands will not be accepted with Hybrid Complete.
To begin the aligner portion of Hybrid Complete, new scans must be taken when active treatment is finished. Aligner cases should be submitted before or the day of bracket removal. Please note that Specialty Appliance is not liable if the teeth shift slightly before aligners are delivered.
All 3DiB, Clear Image Aligner and retainer warranties and policies apply.